วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2553

The coral bleaching in Andaman Sea

A coral reef seems to be the most wonderful scenery in a sea which many tourists and divers have an interest in it. When they go to the sea, the first thing that they desire to do is diving to see the scenery of the sea. Not only a coral reef but also many kind of fish that are very interesting. When I was young, my parents always brought me and my younger brother to the sea on the holidays. Every time I arrived there, I was also one of many people who wanted to wear a snorkel and dived to watch the sight of the sea first.

Andaman Sea is one of the most famous sea in my country, Thailand. Andaman Sea is well-known by many divers all over the world that has more than 80 square kilometers of coral reefs for watching. Although, the coral reefs could make the sea has a wonderful sight but there is a natural phenomenon which is called "Bleaching Phenomenon" is destroying them. The main cause of occurred phenomenon is the increasing temperature of the sea. It causes death of many coral reefs. Moreover, the sunlight can destroy the coral as well. Unfortunately, the bleached coral reefs takes a long time to save. The more coral reefs are deep, the more time we spend to recover them. Furthermore, the phenomenon won't happen only in Andaman sea but it also expand occurring to Satun province.

In my opinion, I feel so depressed to hear this news because I love watching the coral reef same as many people who don't want to see the most beautiful scenery of the sea like coral reefs are destroyed. According to this news, the warmth of the sea causes the bleaching phenomenon. I realize that the phenomenon might be related to global warming which is the problem that consist from human activities. Therefore, I think everyone should participate in solving the problem by resisting some activities that affect the global warming. I consider that if we can reduce the problem of global warming, the opportunity that coral reefs will be damaged by bleaching will be decreased too.

Credit : http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/36984/andaman-sea-coral-reefs-hit-by-bleaching


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น