วันศุกร์ที่ 20 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Prices of bottled water

Water is one of living's basic factors for human and it seems to be the most important factor as well because all humans must use water for living, they use water everyday such as drinking, taking a shower, washing dishes, watering plants, and many more. As for me too, I mostly use the water for drinking because my mother told me that drinking much water would make me have a good health. However, she also teach me that the more I consume it, the more I have to save it in order to have the water to use in the future.

Currently, water is sold in several different forms like in a glass or in a bottle, but most is in a bottle form. For selling a bottled water, it has many different prices depending on places; for example, the roadside shops would sell the bottled water cheaper than many luxurious restaurants, pubs, or hotels. It affected to be a problem concerning selling too expensive bottled water which many consumers faced the problem and came out to petition about this. Therefore, Department of Internal Trade (DIT) offered a standard price of selling a 500 -600cc bottle at 7 baht and 14 baht for a 1.5-liter bottle, but the price control excepts some places such as movie theaters, roadside areas, hotels. However, DIT has postponed the approval to September 1st due to many traders claimed that It's hard to respond for consumer's need.

As for me, I have also ever met this problem in many restaurants that prices of bottled water are extremely high. For example, one bottled water cost to 40 or 50 baht, when I saw the prices, I wondered why it's such expensive for a small bottled water as over all the shops sell it only about 7-10 baht, though it has the same quantity and quality. I think it's unfair for consumers like us and I agree that the department focused to protect for consumers' rights.

Credit : http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/economics/192188/bottled-up-consumer-frustrations-spill-over


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น